Author Topic: Cable pinout convention  (Read 5756 times)

ea3in

• View Profile
    • Email
Cable pinout convention
« on: 2009-09-16, 08:47:05 »
Hello

I have received my TS-480 remote rig. It has been assembled but it doesn't work at this time, probably because a cabling mistake.

I am confused with the wiring diagram shown in the web page and the kenwood warning.

Is the correct way to connect pins upon the standard pinout number order of a RJ45? Ot it has to be inverted on theTS-480 mic side keeping the standard oreder on the RRC side?

With my "wrong cables" nothing happens. Ethernet connection beetwen units is ok. I can access both units from a PC connected to the same switch.

AUX led doesn't show connected status. Is the connection also established even if there is no cable connected to the RR? When the connection is established?. Is there any way to force it?

Thanks in advance

Marcel

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Cable pinout convention
« Reply #1 on: 2009-09-16, 08:57:22 »
Hi

Yes you should use standard pin numbering (right->left) on the RJ45 connected to RRC and Kenwood numbering (left-> right) on the MIC RJ45 and the control RJ12 connected to the panel and radio.

The units will not setup the SIP-session until you have the cabling ok and press the PWR ON button. You need to keep the PWR ON botton pressed a little longer than normal also.

73 de mike/sm2o

ea3in

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2009-09-17, 01:20:57 »
Thanks

Now I am closer.

SIP connection is not established yet

If I check my homebrew cables with the extender plug, TS-480 turns on but no audio is present.

I think that the AF pin is rght connected in both sides.

Any idea?

Is SIP connection initiated when AF is present on pin6?

Can you provide a set of tested cables?

Thanks

ea3in

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2009-09-19, 00:30:34 »
Up and running!!!!

Thanks

It works great even over my 3G laptop connection

73s from it doesn't matter where