Author Topic: Elecraft K3 Twins: Any way to get CW Keying (DTR/RTS or Winkey) from station RRC  (Read 1968 times)

w1ve

• View Profile
Hety folks,

I'm a very active RRC user on many stations.  So I've done just about every scenario.  Now I'm stumped on this one.

The station-side RRC has the K3 Serial port connected to COM2 of course, and remote works perfectly.  However, we are trying to have local
contest control with N1MM, using COM1 to feed the local computer, as Mode 7 echos CAT on COM1.  This works perfectly.  However, no CW keying!
COM1 in this mode does not act on DTR or RTS keying as far as I can see.  There are the three Virtual serial ports when you plug in the
station side mini USB, but as far as I can see, they do nothing.   Is this how it functions?  It should be possible, as the hardware seems to
be there... so local and remote control, with a single RRC-1258, at the station, should be possible.  I can't find a way to make it happen,
without adding another WinKeyer to the mix.

Maybe someone else has found a way and can share?

Gerry W1VE
Very avid RRC user!

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
There is no CW-key input support at the Radio-RRC. I guess it's easier to connect the PC direct to the K3. A tradional "Transistor connected to the RTS" solution.

http://f6dqm.free.fr/schematics.htm

73 de mike