Author Topic: Yeasu FT-100D + 1258 MkII Setup Question Program Mode 15 or 16  (Read 1957 times)

KA0WTK

• View Profile
I'm finally getting around to setting things up and I have what I think is conflicting information.  In the Mods for FT-100, with a RCC version 7 hardware, and current firmware, it says to use the software settings for FT-857, now that I'm doing the setup it says to use Program Mode 15 - FT-857 but I see a #16 listed as FT-100. Which menu selection should I use ?  Any other hints for setup would be appreciated.

Robert
KA0WTK

KA0WTK

• View Profile
Is the manual right ? Looking at Rev A38 2017 Feb 27. When I use a VOM to measure voltages on the connector, I find a constant +9 on pin 1 instead of pin 2, I also seem to find a seperate digital ground vs an analog ground. Looking at page 15. I know pin 6 and 3 are right but I'm doubting pins 1 and 2 since they don't measure right with a meter.

KA0WTK

• View Profile
I found a FT-857D to test with, made cables 2x, and jumper sets. Finally spend a day going back through menus page by page and found Yaesu Power On/Off, set that to ON, and reset IP addressing manually and things started to work.  Put my previously built FT-100 set in place and jumper blocks and things seem to be working now. Thanks to Michael for the email support.

Robert