Author Topic: Com1 Mode = Mode11 usage and possible SerialCom filtering features?  (Read 1930 times)

OH6RX

• View Profile
Hi,
im operating in Yaesu TWIN concept and do suffer of long distance / longer latency, that im believing to causing below challenge.
I have OMPower PA and best way to operate with is, to connect it to COM1 as then AMp doesnt have to be ON while only operating with Radio.

COM2 ft5k
COM1 OMPower

We have tested locally via RRC amp and radio operates without issues. Should mean proven settings.

When then going long distance/Remote operating mode (All cabling ans SW settings same) ...it causes OMPower "Inhibit" signal starts blinking randomly , i guess due to mis-reading of CAT/Frequency, as same time as amp "Inhibit" blinks, freq on screen shows 0.003kHz. It seems also that  higher CAT traffics will cause it more blinking...monitoring via camera while turning VFO.

This week we will make remote test closer to station (same town) with lower latency, if system can be remotely controlled without issues.

I wonder how Mode11 that has been added on ver2.83 should be set? do i need to put Mode11 also in Control end on?
I have latest FW and HWs are same. On Control end from Ver2.95 i cannot find COm1= mode11.
I had rather old FW before... and behavior was same.

Would it be possible to add filtering time parameter to this mode, to improve performance. Just time delay... that COM1 serial doesnt change Freq that fast + filters out sudden misreads?
Issue is on OMPower Amps, that with inhibit, it will take BIAS away from tube and output power is fade away for while...

also question is if this is good for tube or amp lifetime - im quite sure not.

73s
J-P, OH6RX

OH6RX

• View Profile
Hi

OMPower is connected to COM1, and Radio to Amp communication works OK locally without remote connection.
Today we tested with closer remote connection... and this inhibit signal keeps blinking randomly = OMPower CAT detects Freq 0.003MHz...

So, Latency is not causing this.

OMpower TRCV is connected Station RRC COM1.

Next thing we will check, with Serial Comms analyzer, what is the difference between Local comms and Remote comms.
With Mode11, OMPower doesnt see CAT at all..."Communication Lost".