Author Topic: Solved my keying problem  (Read 1676 times)

AD8J

• View Profile
    • Email
Solved my keying problem
« on: 2020-06-12, 03:39:51 »
For at least a year I was having a problem with the CW keying messing up.  I worked around it by listening to my signal coming back thru the link.  When it screwed up, which has been described to me as "slurring", I would just resend.  The listening delay wasn't a problem as I key with a computer since almost all CW operating is in contests.  I tried every setting possible and replaced every component in the remote link.  I came to the conclusion that it was an Internet problem and I wasn't going to be able to fix it.  About six weeks ago I got a call from the Spectrum (cable system) Tech who said he needed to remove a filter from my cable drop at the remote site as it was no longer needed.  I told him to go ahead and remove the filter.  The result is that I now hardly ever have a problem with the keying.  I've waited until now to make this report to make sure the problem didn't return.  The bottom line is if you have a similar problem, ask if there is a filter (trap) on your cable drop.