Author Topic: Functions not transferring via Remoterig  (Read 2203 times)

George W1EBI

• View Profile
Functions not transferring via Remoterig
« on: 2020-09-24, 06:52:32 »
My remote setup with a pair of FTdx-5000's in Yaesu Twin mode is working, but for some reason I do not have IF passband shift or receive filter width transferring via the RRC.  Shouldn't I be able to see those functions as well?  I also do not have dual receive functionality.  Is that a configuration setting or do I need a firmware update?  My units are both a v2.95 already.

George W1EBI

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Functions not transferring via Remoterig
« Reply #1 on: 2020-09-24, 13:32:55 »
Hi George,

I can't answer your question as such, however I can let you know that there are a number of bugs with the
Yaesu Twin configuration that have been mentioned by me and others over the years. The list I gave in
http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=858.msg3457#msg3457 was never resolved as well
as http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=1390.msg5831#msg5831

I gave up and switched to a K3 Twin when available and have been happy ever since.

Dual receive should work. You need to set the radio RRC's radio settings for "audio dual-rx" to YES. The RRC
also must be at least a version 5 to support dual RX, although that was released a long time ago.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

VA2EBI

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Functions not transferring via Remoterig
« Reply #2 on: 2020-09-26, 18:28:27 »
Thanks, Mitch.  I am using v2.95, Ver 7, HW 8, Build May 4, 2019, so it's a new pair of 1258's.  I am hindered because the Remote unit is truly remote and I can't get there in person due to Canada border protection.  I need to have my VE friend in Quebec check the Audio left/right ch swap setting.  As for Shift and Width, I don't understand at all why these functions don't transfer.  And my chief issue at the moment is a momentary total break in receive audio, like a loose cable.  One break lasted thirty seconds.  I'm trying to trace it to remote end internet, local internet or even my own radio receiver.  Other than that, I'm loving my remote radio-life!

George VA2EBI