Author Topic: Share my MacBook PRO Internet connection with RemoteRig via Ethernet connection  (Read 5506 times)

SM6UNC

• View Profile
How do I share my MacBook PRO Internet with my RemoteRig?
I would love to do this so I can bring my RemoteRig and TS-480 display to different hotels where I can connect my MacBook PRO to the hotel WiFi and just connect the RemoteRig to my laptops Ethernet connection.

I have tried to choose "Share with AirPort" and then "Internet Sharing" and "To computers that use Ethernet" under "Share" in System Preferences.
But I am not sure what to chose under "Network". There is configure "With DHCP", "Use DHCP with manually address", "With BootP" and "Manually".
Sorry for any miss translation from my Swedish OS

Thank you for any help.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
It sounds like you could use "DHCP", in both Mac and RRC, as it's a control panel RRC. The RRC would then get IP Address etc from the Mac and so being able to reach the Internet through the Mac. However, I have no personal experience with Mac, so I am far from sure how it works.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

SM6UNC

• View Profile
I have tried that solution as well but it did not work.
I will post a reply if I succeed to solve the issue.

SM6UNC

• View Profile
The strange thing is that I can connect both Windows computers and Mac computers to my ethernet port on my Mac and share my Internet but as soon as I connect the RemoteRig it does not work. So know I know that it is no problem with the computers that I have tried.

A got an idea from a network guy that the problem could be with the RemoteRig TTL (Time To Live). I have no clue how that works.

Is it possible to change RemoteRig's TTL?

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Came to think about one thing: What do you have the setting "Eth-type" set to?

Also, the TTL thing is hardly a cause of your problem.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-04, 15:35:37 by Jan (Microbit) »

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is there a way of showing the IP addresses the DHCP server in the Mac has given the connected devices? If so you could check that the RRC gets an IP address and if it does you should be able to browse to it from the Mac.