Author Topic: Cabling and "error tones"  (Read 4078 times)

N5CQ

• View Profile
    • Email
Cabling and "error tones"
« on: 2011-04-11, 18:48:17 »
Am I correct in assuming the cables from the radio to the RRC and from the RRC to the control head should have the same pin outs at each end?  Or should they be reversed? 

Using the ts480 and the diagrams on pp 124-125 of the latest manual, should the "k11b" cable have pin 1 on the control panel end connected to pin 1 on the RRC end? Likewise pins 2 through 6? Or does the different orientation of the connectors shown on the cable diagram at the bottom of p 124 indicate that they should be transposed? 

Both cables check fine using the 1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc assumption, I can connect to both units on the local LAN with the browser,and all the IP and radio settings on each unit appear correct, but when I hit the power switch on the control head i get a series of 3 tones repeating 5 times and the display fails to light up.

What am I missing?

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Cabling and "error tones"
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-11, 18:53:00 »
The error tones means that the Control-RRC can not reach the Radio-RRC.
Have you checked the SIP contact in the Control-RRC. If you have changed IP of the Radio-RRC you must also change the SIP contact, so the the unit nows where to "call"

73 de mike

N5CQ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cabling and "error tones"
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-11, 19:02:06 »
That was it  - the SIP connect had one digit typed incorrectly. Units are now connecting over the local LAN and I have receive audio coming through.  Thanks for the quick response and I will now go forward with the rest of the testing and configuration. 73 John N5CQ

N5CQ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cabling and "error tones" SUCCESS!
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-13, 19:36:15 »
Now have the units up on the local LAN with the TS480. Have made several SSB contacts and now moving forward on testing CW and using the serial ports to control other devices.