Author Topic: Just what do I get ?  (Read 2335 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
    • Email
Just what do I get ?
« on: 2009-10-14, 04:44:04 »
I am about to order a kit but I would like to make sure I understand just what I will receive and what it will do.

I will be remoting a Kenwood TS-2000 using the Kenwood RC-2000 remote head.
I believe I will receive two control units (Some assembly required).
I will need to build the cables from the control head to the new controllers.
Same for the TS-2000 side.

So what will the TS-2000 configured units do?

     Control the TS-2000 using my RC-2000 remotly.
     Pass audio both ways over the Internet.
     Allow true CW opperations.
     Control a rotor remotely (via RS-232 port).

Is the RS-232 connectors availiable for me to use for my custom RS-232 device or does it need to be a rotor controller?
Is your Power supply wired for 220 VAC or 110 VAC (USA)?

John Long
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA


  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2509
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Just what do I get ?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-14, 07:39:20 »
Hi John

You have right in all your statements.
Yes you have to make adapter cables by your self, see drawings on the website.
You can use the extra serialport for other things than rotor control, it's transparent when the connection is up.
The Power Supplies is wired for 230VAC with a EU style connector, there are DC cables supplied to use for connection other PS. But it's a standard DC connector on the boxes so you probably already have a bunch of 110VAC/12V PS witch fits at home.

73 de mike/sm2o