Author Topic: Setting up the RRC Micro  (Read 4850 times)

rockyjones

• View Profile
    • Email
Setting up the RRC Micro
« on: 2011-05-15, 09:10:11 »
Update:  I don't seem to be having the muting problem anymore.  I'm not exactly what I did to "cure" it but it doesn't seem to be an issue now.  What I continue to see, though, is the audio from the receiver will just quit sporadically.  Everything else seems to work so the unit is not disconnecting; just no receive audio comes through.  To get it back, I have to do a disconnect and then reconnect.  Any settings that might affect this that I should use?  I'm running 1.2.1 software on the Micro and 2.38 firmware on the RRC 1258 radio unit.

I'm having a bit of a problem getting the Micro to work properly.  I have both the headset and microphone plugs plugged into the Micro USB device.  In Windows 7 Control Panel, hardware, Sound, I have set Microbit 1274A Microphone as the default device.  In the RRC Client Setup I have selected the following:

Speaker - Speakers (Microbit 1247A)
Mic - Microphone (Microbit 1247A)

This seems to work until I disconnect the RRC Client then reconnect.  Once I do this I loose the microphone.  I have to go into Win 7's control panel, sound, and select microphone properties for the Microbit 1247A Microphone and un-mute the microphone.  Then it works fine until I have to re-connect due to a disconnect from the remote rig radio box.  Once I reconnect, the microphone mutes again and has to be manually un-muted.

Any ideas why it is doing this?  Do I have something set up incorrectly?

Thanks,

Joe W4WT
« Last Edit: 2011-05-15, 17:01:53 by rockyjones »
W4WT

roland

Re: Setting up the RRC Micro
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-16, 08:35:00 »
I will have a look at this as see if I can replicate it.

roland

« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-20, 08:53:34 »
I can't make this happen on Windows 7.
Could enable debug on RTP and make a session where this problem happens.
Then exit program and send the the file mblog.txt thats in you Documents folder to me
and I will have a look if there is some info on what's going on in there

rockyjones

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-21, 00:31:02 »
Roland, thanks.  It is not happening back at my usual QTH.  I was down in Florida at another house when I was having the problem.  I'm wondering now if the internet bandwidth was compromised and caused the problem.  I noticed if I left the connection alone, it would eventually show a timeout error.  Took a couple of minutes before it showed the error during which time no audio was coming through but I could still control the radio (Icom Pro III).

I'll check again next time I go down there and see if it is just happening down there.

Any progress on a new driver yet to allow rig programs built with Visual Basic to work with the Micro Client?  I'm anxious to be able to use my PW-1 when I'm on the road and can't use it with HRD.

Joe W4WT
W4WT