Author Topic: Use of a web hosting switch in conjuction with the RCC system  (Read 4421 times)

WA2TTP Steve

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm looking to use a web hosting switch to control antenna selection and other functions in the shack and house. The switch is made by DLI, see link below. The RCC manual mentions web hosting devices should be moved off port 80 to port 8000 as an example.

My question is has anybody used this switch or any web hosting devices and had any problems?

http://www.digital-loggers.com/din.html

Steve,
WA2TTP

ON4AOI

• View Profile
    • Email
Why dont you go for the webswitch from remoterig ?
this has so much more functions for ant , rotator etc

Guy ON4AOI

kb9bpf

• View Profile
Steve,

I have used a DLI Web Power Switch for several years. It has worked flawlessly and I have had no problems making it play nicely with anything else on my network. The web interface is basic and functional and doesn't require much bandwidth.

My router/firewall is configured so that the Web Power Switch's public port number is unusual.

Hope this helps,
Brad KB9BPF

WA2TTP Steve

• View Profile
    • Email
Guy,

I looked at the Remoterig switch but I didn't need rotor support, I have Rotor EZ with RS232 installed in my CDE box, and the DLI switch has 8 relays vs 5 which gives me some extra contacts to use for house functions.
Thanks for your reply.

Brad,

That's good news. I planned on changing the port number for security and Remoterig suggests it also in there manual.