Author Topic: DynDns entered in router or 1258  (Read 5709 times)

WA2TTP Steve

• View Profile
    • Email
DynDns entered in router or 1258
« on: 2011-05-28, 06:17:57 »
I'm in the  process of setting up my 1258 and will also be adding a Digi TS2 serial server.

If I enter my DynDns host name in the router will that serve both the 1258 and Digi TS2 or do they need different names?

Steve

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: DynDns entered in router or 1258
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-28, 09:35:57 »
You do not have to use more than one Dyndns  host name for all equipment behind the same router, but they must use different port numbers.
It doesn't matter if you set it up in the router or RRC but don't set it in both then dyndns will complain about that you update to often

73 de mike

WA2TTP Steve

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-28, 15:32:20 »
Thanks Mike. I'll give it a go with the host info on the router and see how it works.

Steve

W6SA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-28, 20:31:46 »
If you had the DynDNS entered in both the router and the 1258 with the 1258 port set to something other than 80 and nothing specified as far as a port on the router would this cause a conflict and prevent connecting to the 1258?  I wonder if this could have something to do with my inability to connect from outside my home network.  I do get the complaint from DynDNS that I am updating too often.

I tend to think this is not my issue as I can connect to my webpage from my work computer and other computers outside my network but I'm still unable to connect from my laptop from a remote wifi hotspot.  I also tried it from a wired connection as well as wireless connection when on vacation and still was unable to connect although I could reach my webpage from their business center computer.

It still seems as if my laptop is at fault.  There must be a service that is required that is turned off on my laptop.  Roland and Mike can both connect and operate my radio through HRD.  Are there services that are known to be required for this system to work properly?

73 de Walt,  W6SA