Author Topic: TS 480 HX: No audio out  (Read 4051 times)

dg7lal

• View Profile
    • Email
TS 480 HX: No audio out
« on: 2011-06-22, 16:13:38 »
Hi all,

I have used the remoterig setup successfully both on the LAN as well as remotely over the net using dyndns - all was fine except just now connecting from a different location over the net: I get a connect, can control the radio, apparently transmit also works, but I do not hear a thing. Double checked wiring on the control unit: all is good (don't have physical access to the radio unit just now). Moving jumper 4 on the control unit to headphones doesn't work, either. I am at a loss...any help would be greatly aprreciated. Thanks guys, Rainer dg7lal

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: TS 480 HX: No audio out
« Reply #1 on: 2011-06-22, 16:37:57 »
Rainer,

Did you change your SIP port number from 5060 to something else? If you left it as
5060, you will encounter port conflicts with some routers, since this is the standard
port for VoIP.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

dg7lal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-06-22, 17:42:52 »
Mitch,

thanks for your reply. I did change sip port to 5061 and other values as well. In fact my router here did not allow port forwarding to the radio control unit as it had 5060 internally forwarded to something else already, so it would come up with a warning message. Any other ports that I have tried worked, though. What I can't understand is that the setup was working flawlessly from one internet remote location but does not now from a different one. I have also used the network at work to try it from there: again no audio. I almost feel that there is something amiss at the radio site, an audio connector fault from the radio to the remote unit perhaps, because with certain audio quality settings (setting 0, for instance) I get hiss out of the speaker here, but no audio...I guess I will have to be patient until Friday which is when I will be returning to the radio site. Again, thanks for your help,

Rainer

dg7lal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-06-23, 20:32:39 »
Problem solved: it was a faulty cable between the radio control unit and the 8 pin modular input to the rig itself. Thanks for yout help. 73, Rainer