Author Topic: Audio  (Read 4366 times)

VE3ZI

• View Profile
Audio
« on: 2011-08-08, 01:28:41 »
My system has been working very nicely for several weeks now. The RemoteRig units are connected 100% of the time over my UHF link. My separate control system turns the remote equipment on, etc.

Today I have lost audio from the remote end. I have tried resetting both units with no difference. The CW sidetone still works fine, and I see something around 200kbs of data being sent - and this switches direction with ptt. (This seems rather more data than previously - it was about 160kbs.)

My first thought is that I have lost the audio input to the Radio unit. My second is that the audio at the Control end is VERY quiet - and I seem to remember some white noise even with no input when I was setting things up. But all the circuitry following the sidetone injection must be working properly.

I don't see that any of the settings on the units have changed. Probably it is my homebrew part somewhere that is broken, and I will take a trip to the tower tomorrow to check it out.

Any other suggestions please?

73 Roger

rockyjones

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio
« Reply #1 on: 2011-08-08, 19:53:27 »
Roger, unfortunately I don't have any ideas about your problem but am interested in your UHF link and how you did it.  I don't want to hijack your thread so if you like, you can respond to me via email at w4wt@arrl.net.  I operate my remote station which is about 1.5 miles away via internet and have thought about microwave or UHF being a better deal financially.

Thanks,

Joe W4WT
W4WT

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-08-08, 22:21:13 »
Joe,

Look at some older threads, e.g.:
http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=780.0

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

rockyjones

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-08-09, 07:40:53 »
Mitch, thanks!  The "bullet" looks very interesting indeed.

Joe W4WT
W4WT

VE3ZI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-08-10, 22:53:07 »
My problem was not related to RemoteRig. In order to interface my remote transceiver to the Radio unit, I had to build a small audio amplifier. The audio IC in this decided to die after a few weeks of use. I really have no idea why it should have died - the amplifier only has to drive a 50 Ohm load with a few mW.

73 Roger