Author Topic: YaesuTwin: no power output when using split  (Read 11889 times)

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
YaesuTwin: no power output when using split
« on: 2011-08-16, 14:53:43 »
Since there is no separate YaesuTwin section, I am adding a couple of issues here.

I tried working split for the first time since installing my YaesuTwin with two FT-2000s.
I receive no power output, although it works just fine when not in split. Switching between
the A and B VFOs makes no difference, always full power out in simplex and no power output
in split. This occurs for both SSB and CW and across the bands. I have used the A-->B button
and made sure that everything is identical.

Any idea what is happening here?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: YaesuTwin: no power output when using split
« Reply #1 on: 2011-08-17, 10:37:52 »
I can add some important information on this problem:

It ONLY occurs when I use antenna 2 on the FT-2000. Split works just fine on antenna 1.

I did some experimenting and figured out the following:

- When working simplex on either VFO using antenna 2, the FT-2000 works as expected.
- When you switch to split, the transmitter frequency switches to antenna 1 without indication

I was able to verify this by switching the LP-100 wattmeter into the antenna 1 line while everything
was still indicating antenna 2. I use an 8-pak switch to remotely switch between transceivers and antennas.

This is definitely a bug that needs to be fixed.

Thanks & 73,
Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-08-18, 15:10:30 »
Hi Mitch
As you already know we do not do change the control messages sent from the control radio to the remote radio. I can't see that there is anything we can do about it, it must be an bug inside the radio itself.

73 de mike

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-08-18, 15:51:15 »
Thanks, Mike, then I don't understand why it would work fine when operated locally,
but not remotely. Do you think there is a bug in the CAT command that makes this
work incorrectly when controlled via CAT? It is as if there is a reset sent out when
you send PTT while on antenna 2 that corrects itself when in receive. Very strange.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX
« Last Edit: 2011-08-19, 08:59:50 by dj0qn »

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2011-08-23, 11:33:34 »
I went to the station this morning and made some tests:

The local FT-2000 worked just fine in split using antenna 2. I left it in that status, turned it
off and went home. Now when I try to send, I have the opposite problem, only antenna 2
works, but antenna 1 no longer works in split.

It appears that the second VFO gets "stuck" in whatever position it was last set to when
used locally, but only when in split mode. The antenna position is correct when in simplex on
either VFO or antenna position.

I can't understand why this is occurring. If you are positive that it is not a RemoteRig bug,
then I can post the problem on the FT-2000 reflectors, just let me know. I bet you though
that they will claim that it is a RemoteRig problem.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

DL2MIJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2023-02-15, 18:18:24 »
Hallo Mitch,
gibt es Lösungsvorschläge für dieses Problem ?
Ich hab schon lange kein CW-Split Betrieb gemacht , ausgerechnet bei FT8WW ist das  passiert.

mit vy 73  Robert  DL2MIJ