Author Topic: Two days of pulling hair! TS-2000 Linksys WRT54GL struggles  (Read 5142 times)

WQ0P

• View Profile
    • Email
Gentlemen,
     I could use some help please.  I have a TS-2000X, the RC-2000, two Lynksys WRT54GL wireless routers that are flashed with DD-WRT Version 23 SP2, and a fresh set (two days old) of RRC-1258MkIIs.  I am very excited about getting these working, but I know very little about the networking side of things.  Here is what I have done so far.  My home internet is DSL that comes in the house and goes through a DSL modem to a Linksys WRT54GL wireless router (flashed with DD-WRT), then to a four port Linksys BEFSR41 router, then to a 16 port switch.   I was able to get the Web Browser to see both RRC units at the 16 port switch level, but no control of the radio.... finished this about 1:00am in the morning.  The next day I moved the RRC units to the Linksys wireless WRT54GL router and was able to get everything to work just fine, I can control the TS-2000 with the RC-2000 with both RRC units pluged into the 4 port hub of the wireless router. 

Does this mean that is was working through my dyndns-free.com?

I then took the Control RRC and hooked it up to another Linksys WRT54GL and I am trying to get it to work from about 10 feet away.  I know that I have to change some settings, but I do not know what to do and I have read the manual many times and researched the forum for many many hours and my head is really spinning now that I am not coming up with a procedure that makes any sense.  Did I say that I am not a network guy?  All of my success has been from trial and error.... with lots of errors.

What I need is for someone to help me finish this up.  I am not sure what to do next.  I can see the Control RRC on the second wireless router with my Web Browser and  Mirobit setup manager.  I can change settings, but I am LOST now! 

Looking for help soon!
Greg WQ0P

I would gladly give my phone number out if someone thinks they can walk me through this.....!

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Two days of pulling hair! TS-2000 Linksys WRT54GL struggles
« Reply #1 on: 2011-10-11, 17:56:00 »
Hi Greg,

Drop me a mail at dj0qn (at) darc.de and I will send you my latest checklist version to help you out.
The networking part is difficult for many people, but this is basically plug&play once it is set-up.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

WQ0P

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Two days of pulling hair! TS-2000 Linksys WRT54GL struggles
« Reply #2 on: 2011-10-11, 20:50:04 »
Mitch,

I have sent you an e-mail.

Thanks Greg WQ0P