Author Topic: still dropping out  (Read 3935 times)

kb3nl

• View Profile
still dropping out
« on: 2011-10-13, 14:28:49 »
hello all i have contacted my internet probider (comcast) about my system dropping out. they did their test on my connection and claim that it is within the proper guide lines, it is still dropping out. i am still getting packet loses. have changed versions of firmware. no help. does nayone have any ideas or suggestions what might be happening. thank you
kb3nl

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: still dropping out
« Reply #1 on: 2011-10-13, 14:30:56 »
One tip: check to see if your router has a new firmware version available. In two cases
I know of, updating the router's firmware solved this type of problem.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-10-13, 14:32:52 »
Hi

If the packets are really missing, Remoterig can't bring them back. But if they are delayed (jitter) you can get better result by increasing Jitter buffer size and jitter buffer delay, see manual. The settings are for receiving, so if you have problems in both directions you have to increase them in both RRC:s

73 de mike

g4swx

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-10-21, 13:13:15 »
Hi,

Drop outs are messy and require a lot of time and patience to sort. I have written a brief note on some of the issues that I have encountered in another thread. please see:
http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=1003.msg4099#msg4099

It might be an idea for somebody to summaries all of these issues into a more detailed check list?

John G4SWX