Author Topic: CW problems  (Read 3364 times)

KA3DCO

• View Profile
    • Email
CW problems
« on: 2016-04-02, 03:50:04 »
I am using Icom IC-706 MK II with detachable head. RRC-1258 works just great on SSB. But, I cannot get any output on cw when paddle plugged into PAD jack on rear of RRC-Control unit. When activating paddle I hear side tone, receive function is muted, keyer speed function and tone control work well, but there is no output. I have checked Keyer configurations numerous times and get no results. I am favorably impressed with RRC-1258 so far.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: CW problems
« Reply #1 on: 2016-04-02, 05:40:15 »
You didn't really provide enough details for anyone to help you. Before you can get a qualified answer:

- Did you connect the stereo cable between the radio RRC's PAD jack and the IC-706? You only mention
the control side.

- Did you change the IO settings per the manual page 93? You weren't clear as to what specific settings you checked.

- I am not an Icom expert, but I need to turn VOX on on some rigs to make it send CW.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

KA3DCO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-04-03, 03:13:58 »
Hi Mitch - I feel quite embarrassed but I missed both of the items you mentioned - months ago I printed out the pages of the manual I thought I would need and completely overlooked the pages you mentioned - I will try these steps tomorrow and will let you know how I make out - I almost felt too embarrassed to reply - many, many thanks for your patience and help -

Kenny, KA3DCO

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-04-03, 04:24:44 »
Don't worry about it, Kenny. Even after almost 50 years as a ham, I still make stupid mistakes or ask for
help when I have a problem. That is normal and that is what we are here for.

Let us know when you take a look and if you get it working or not.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX