Author Topic: Hum Sound on Transmit with TS-2000  (Read 4565 times)

kb6vtu

• View Profile
Hum Sound on Transmit with TS-2000
« on: 2012-06-16, 09:20:11 »
When I transmit through the RRC units on the same LAN I get a very loud humming sound heard through a separate receiver. I can also hear my voice come through a little, but mostly hum.

If I connect the Microphone directly to the radio there is no hum. If I use the cable I made to go from the RRC to the TS-2000 with an adapter allowing it to be connected to another microphone there is no hum - so I think that cable I made is OK. There is no hum on receive, only transmit with 5 watts VHF/UHF/HF.

Prior to using the TS-2000 I was using a TS-480 with these RRC units and it worked perfectly. This is just an upgrade. Everything works except for this hum on transmit.

I also tried moving the control RRC to another AC power outlet in another part of the house. The radio is running off an Astron 35M and the RRC radio is running off the 1am wall wart.

Any help would be forever appreciated.

josh
KB6VTU

hb9trt

• View Profile
Re: Hum Sound on Transmit with TS-2000
« Reply #1 on: 2012-07-13, 23:26:49 »
I have the same problem with an Elecraft K3 (Remote TRX) and a Elecraft K3/0 (Local "Terminal"). All works fine, Controll functions and RX, very good soud, but if I go on TX there's a hum sound over my voice which is loader than the voice.

It seems to be not a problem of one special TRX. Does anyone have an idea?

Vy 73

Reto

hb9trt

• View Profile
Re: Hum Sound on Transmit with TS-2000
« Reply #2 on: 2012-07-14, 10:36:25 »
I think the problem could also be the Mic. My problem is solved now. I normaly Used a Kenwood TS-2000 Mic on my K3, works fine on the stand alone devices but not on the Terminal Unit (K3/0). After several tests with gain parameters I also tried the original Mic from Elecraft and all was fine. No more hum noise. So it could be that the original Mic from Kenwood TS-2000 make troubles.
Try another Mic.

vy 73

Reto