Author Topic: K3 with Signalink or soundcard  (Read 4528 times)

WA4LV

• View Profile
    • Email
K3 with Signalink or soundcard
« on: 2013-05-07, 21:35:30 »
If I want to use a Signalink with the RR and a K3 ... can I use a regular CAT5 patch cable to from the AUX/MIC port to the Signalink port? or is there a specific pinout that I need to do? And how do I set something like DM780 to PTT? use HRD or let the Signalink handle that?

And if I want to just get audio to and from the RR box to the laptop, can I just use a CAT5 cable to mono plug from the RR AUX/MIC to the laptop speaker? Would it be just PIN3=TIP and PIN4-SLEEVE? and then a stereo plug from RR SPK to laptop mic?

What other offers of advice for using the RR with the K3 this way? (not using K/0). Any special settings in the menu / config? ie ... PTT setting for DTR / RTS etc ....

WA4LV

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: K3 with Signalink or soundcard
« Reply #1 on: 2013-05-08, 15:35:57 »
Well, I messed around with this last night ... The problem I am having is that I purchased the cables from Elecraft for the Radio side of things ... this is the cable that goes from the AUX/MIC of RR to the rear PTT and Rear Panel MIC of the K3. At the control side, I am able to use the serial communications to remotely control the K3 and can activate PTT via software, but no audio is ever passed when I do that. What I discovered is that if I take the Heil adapter and use a manual PTT plug I can activate PTT on the K3 and then audio will go to the radio end. So the software PTT is not working properly. Any ideas? Is it that I cant use the Rear Panel mic at the radio end with the Elecraft cable and the AD-1-KM unless I manually PTT?

WA4LV

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: K3 with Signalink or soundcard
« Reply #2 on: 2013-05-08, 19:44:15 »
Ok .. got it. Here is the Signalink.

Strappings on RR are just as in the RR manual. The cable set on the Remote K3 are from Elecraft. On the laptop end I have a CAT5 patch cable to the Signalink and stereo audio cable from RR spk to Signalink spk. The strappings in the Signalink were to match the cable from Elecraft ... IE .. the MIC uses pins 3 and 4 and the PTT is using pins 5 and 6... so in the Signalink I set MIC=3, PTT=5, G=4, G=6.