Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Feature Requests / Re: I can no longer connect
« Last post by sm2o on 2024-05-02, 20:26:02 »
Hi
The Kenwood and ICOM nano app works OK with both IC-7100 and TS-480. Download the latest versions and check your settings you probably have something wrong. Remember that CAT cables and CI-V interfaces are needed and Correct  mode and baudrade must be setup in the Radio-RRC com2 settings. The Radios need to be set to coorect baudrate, not Automatic.

73 de mike
Configuration, RRC 1258 / Re: AF volume problem with K3 twins
« Last post by sm2o on 2024-05-02, 20:18:05 »
Hi

The problem is that the K3/0 does not send automatic volume updates, I told Elecraft about it 10 years ago but it was never changed. Set the volume at the remote K3 to the level you normal use, it will be the default level until you turn the volume knob manaully

73 de mike
Hardware, Cabling, Installations / Re: Control abnormality
« Last post by JJ8LNX on 2024-04-29, 09:08:40 »
Azu has been restored.

The status after restoration is as follows.
Press and hold the reset button to perform a factory reset. I immediately performed another factory reset, reinstalled the firmware, and then unplugged the power for about an hour.

I don't know which one worked, but I couldn't recover with just one factory reset, so I'll post it here just in case.

Before both RRC1258s went bad, there was a phenomenon where it became difficult to connect to the network. I felt like if I turned off the power and then turned it back on, things would go back to normal, but I started noticing that once every three months, then once a month, and then once a week, the intervals at which I had to turn off the power became shorter. I have a personal experience with it.
Feature Requests / I can no longer connect
« Last post by JJ8LNX on 2024-04-29, 05:00:37 »
Not recently, but for about 3 years now, Nano has been unable to connect.
I purchased a paid app for the IC-7100 and TS-480 and was able to use it for a while, but when the coronavirus started to spread, when I tried to connect, it was connected to the network (the radio was turned on) but No voice or control whatsoever. I can't use either application.
My friend also purchased a separate application to remotely control my radio, but it stopped working around the same time.
Around that time, I contacted them via email, but I didn't hear back from them, so I left it alone, but since a failure occurred in another case, I remembered it and would like to write about it here.
I definitely want a reply.
Hardware, Cabling, Installations / Control abnormality
« Last post by JJ8LNX on 2024-04-29, 04:53:03 »
Dear
I can no longer connect to two controls.
When the control is connected to a normal LAN and the power is turned on, the LED usually lights up several times before turning on and allowing access, but there is a phenomenon where the LED keeps blinking forever.

I tried resetting the device and reinstalling the latest firmware just to be sure, but the symptoms persist.
When displayed in Setup Manager, the serial and MAC address are displayed, but the IP address etc. are displayed as "0.0.0.0". There is a possibility that the LAN cable has deteriorated, but it is the same even if it is new.

Although they were used in different environments, it seems that both failures were related to Ethernet. I would like to know what measures are effective for this.

I was using 3 controllers, but now I only have one left. I'm worried that it will break soon.
Configuration, RRC 1258 / Re: IC7100: first setup failed
« Last post by dm1ts on 2024-04-26, 16:34:33 »
Thanks Mike for fixing my issue. The baudrate for com0 was not set to 38400. Now it works great.

73s, Tor
Configuration, RRC 1258 / AF volume problem with K3 twins
« Last post by N4QS on 2024-04-25, 17:25:40 »
I have been running RemoteRig twin boxes with a mini K3(0) and a remote K3 for many years.  I have always had a problem with the AF volume becoming almost zero whenever I change modes or reconnect the logging program at the control end.  In order to restore volume, I have to turn the AF volume control on the mini down to zero and the back up to its normal position.  The volume is then restored.  Can anyone tell me if this can be fixed with a setting change?  I am wondering if I happen to have some setting not set correctly.  Any other way to fix the problem would also be appreciated.  Thank you.  73,  Dave, N4QS
Configuration, RRC 1258 / Re: IC7100: first setup failed
« Last post by sm2o on 2024-04-23, 20:12:19 »
Hi

email me export settings(html) files from both units to support@remoterig.com

73 de mike
Allmänt diskussionsforum / RRC-Nano app för ICOM
« Last post by SM0OQH on 2024-04-21, 20:19:45 »
Hej.
Jag undrar när det kommer någon uppdatering till den?
Saknar möjligheten att köra minnen så man tex kan köra repeaters på min IC-7100 med FM eller D-Star
/Leffe
Configuration, RRC 1258 / IC7100: first setup failed
« Last post by dm1ts on 2024-04-21, 17:53:21 »
Hello OMs,
after a long time I have finally tried to get my remote setup up and running with an IC7100 (s/n 03004287). Unfortunately I can't do it. When I want to switch on the TRX, I hear a soft crack in the speaker of the controller and the two orange SIP LEDs start to light up for about 2 seconds. Then the LEDs switch off again and the TRX does not switch on.
I have now checked many things and also changed the cables, but the status remains the same. The following setup situation at the moment:
Radio and control unit are in the same IP subnet on a switch. Both have an IP, both can be operated in the browser. The control unit has the IP of the radio unit as its SIP contact. The controller reports the IP of the radio unit as "other party" in the status.
I have initially set or adopted the default settings for the 7100 everywhere. The jumpers are set according to the instructions and the red cables are plugged into the radio unit. There is a circuit board for the newer version of the IC7100 in the control unit, it is plugged in correctly with the slanted corner at the top right. Both units are connected to the same power supply, which should be sufficiently large at 25A.

I simply have no idea why the system won't start. Who can help me?

73s de Tor
DM1TS
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10