RRC 1258 Support in English > General discussion forum

HRD not connecting via virtual UDP comm port

(1/4) > >>

w4tx:
New RRC1258MkII with firmware updated to v2.21

New RRC-Micro PC-Client v1.0.10 32 bit

Rig is a Yaesu FT-897

CAT cable is a Yaesu CT-62 connected to COM2 of the RRC1258MkII. COM2 is set to mode 3 - char timeout. Speed is 9600. JMP-3 is installed inside the RRC-1258MkII.

HRD is the latest version 5 beta. It sees the virtual port but will not work at any baud rate. The CAT speed at the radio is 9600.

From reading another post, I uninstalled HRD and the PC-Client. I made sure all virtual COM ports were removed, then re-installed the PC-Client and HRD. The UDP virtual port is the lowest (COM3), and the only one on the laptop. But, still no connection. I also tried a second laptop with the same result. Both laptops are running Windows XP, fully updated.

This is being tested on a local LAN using the default ports. No router or internet connection is used at this point.

Any ideas for more things to check and test would be appreciated.

73 - Doc, W4TX

ON4AOI:
Try first to connect the ct-62 cable to the TS-480
and check if HRD is working OK
If not check my drawings for correct pin numbers on com2

Guy ON4AOI

w4tx:
Thanks for the tip Guy.

HRD does connect to the radio when directly connected with the CT-62 cable and a USB to serial converter.

73 - Doc, W4TX

ON4AOI:
Hi Doc,

sri my mistake was TS-480 instead of FT897D

so in short it looks like this ?
HRD
virtual udp port 2 (com-x)

LAN or WAN

RRC-1258MKII
COM2 = DB9-MALE
then CT62(RS232) to FT897d

probably you need to change pin 2 and 3 at the ct62 connector

or you could try to use COM1 instead of COM2

Guy ON4AOI

w4tx:
Hi Guy,

You are correct with the setup except one thing. And, I think that is the problem. I have the virtual upd port 0 set up, not port 2. But the CT-62 is plugged on to COM2. I will change that and report back.

Thanks and 73!

Doc - W4TX

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version