Author Topic: I/O Port Confusion  (Read 3759 times)

VK6LD

• View Profile
    • Email
I/O Port Confusion
« on: 2015-10-10, 09:27:33 »
Hi All,

I have been happily using Remote Rig for over 2 years now.

I'm just having difficulty with switching an 12V antenna relay via the I/O port, but not sure why.

I have already set up the same thing to work at my holiday house about 400km away to switch between a vertical coliinear and horizontal yagi.

I'm now trying to set up something similar at home, but don't seem to be having much luck.

I have made a cable with an RJ45 into the I/O port.  With my multimeter I can see 8V between pins 7 & 8.  I can also see 9V between pins 1 & 8 and pins 2 & 8.

I have set the I/O in the radio webpage GUI to On/Off, but cannot see 5V between pins 5 & 8 (OUT0), pins 3 & 8 (OUT1) or pins 6 & 8 (OUT2) when switching ON through the GUI.  I think this is the way I did it on my holiday house remote setup.

I have compared all the radio end settings to my known working RRC at my holiday house, but still no luck.

Just seeing if I have missed anything obvious here before giving up!   :-[

73's

Rob...
VK6LD

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: I/O Port Confusion
« Reply #1 on: 2015-10-10, 11:23:23 »
It's Open collector outputs so you can not measure any change on the output. You have to connect your load between the 8V pin and the output to make it work.

73 de mike

VK6LD

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: I/O Port Confusion
« Reply #2 on: 2015-10-10, 11:44:44 »
Hi Mike,

Many, many thanks for your reply. 

For some reason I had it in my mind that when I setup my other RemoteRig with the antenna relay that the output pin went high and I was looking for +5V between the OUT pin and ground.  I must be getting old!  ::)

Now that I have it firmly in my mind how to wire it up - that is until next time!

73's

Rob...
VK6LD