Author Topic: Elecraft MK 1258 connection problem  (Read 3345 times)

Paul_K9NU

• View Profile
    • Email
Elecraft MK 1258 connection problem
« on: 2016-02-04, 16:27:40 »
My RemoteRig boxes with the K3 had been working fine for several days but now had developed a problem at the Radio end. I cannot connect to it. I can ping the 192.168.1.170 IP using Team Viewer looking at my home computer and get a normal response back. I also can see the RemoteRig box connected to my home router. The Microbit setup manager shows "device disconnected". I cycled the power to the box via my IP power switch with no luck. Any Ideas?

73 Paul K9NU

VO1HP

• View Profile
    • VO1HP
    • Email
Re: Elecraft MK 1258 connection problem
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-04, 17:30:24 »
Paul

ur problem sounds similiar to mine.  My K3 mini /K3 remote has been working for several months.  over past week have had many occaisions when k3 will not turn ON....also have had the K3 turn OFF by itself in  the middle of operating it.  I can cycle the AC power on the RR Boxes and also the remote K3 PS an Astron 35 and most times the K3 will turn ON but sometimes not.

Still at a loss as to what is wrong.  I read a few online posts on Elecraft reflector  about the Astron 35 amp suppply and others having issues with the K3 turning OFF...have another supply here which i will  try but didn't want to use it as it is a switching supply .

THe K3 turns on by a ground being place on pin 8 of the ACC socket.  I have reseated the ACC plugs  while at the site  and also reseated all the connections to the RR box....

Also i have discovered there is packet loss happening on my internet line...this could impact the problem ... if there are periods of high error rate on the line that can cause interruption of data flow...the RR box can sense this and send a command to the K3 to go OFF line.

Problem still persists and is ongoing as I type

FRank VO1HP
Frank
VO1HP
K3Mini-K3-RemoteRig

Paul_K9NU

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Elecraft MK 1258 connection problem - Solved, Tnx
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-04, 19:22:04 »
Thanks for the info, Frank. I am up and running with Brandon's help at Elecraft. Rebooted my router and seems to be working fine now.

Paul, K9NU