RRC-Micro PC Client in English > General discussion

RRC Client, HRD and TS-480 ... Can't get it to work

<< < (2/2)

sm2o:
Yiou did not comment if you have the CAT cable connected ?. It has to be connected and the baudrate has to be set to the same in the radio, in the RRC com2 settings and in HRD, 9600 for example

/mike

W4AFK:

--- Quote from: sm2o on 2017-07-17, 07:23:41 ---Hi

have you connected the cat cable from RRC com2 to the radio ?

/mike

--- End quote ---

The remote 1258 is connected to the radio via the CAT cable.

As noted in my setup: TS-480 control head --> 1258 --> router --> gateway --> WAN --> modem --> 1258 --> TS-480 radio section work fine. I use this every day.

Now are you referring to the other connectors on the RR and radio? After all, there is only one CAT type connector on the front and another LAN/WAN connection on the back. The front one is connected to the radio and the back one to the router.

I do have one of the actual TS-480 radio ports connected to a MFJ ARI-500 so it can manage the attached ALS-600S amplifier. But this has nothing to do with RR Client as it's totally transparent.

Now I am trying to read between the lines so please bare with me ... Are you trying to say that I need another connection from the remote 1258 to the radio portion of the TS-480? Possibly the "DB9 COM2" on the back of the 1258?

This makes sense and it might be what's missing (shame on me) so a simple diagram might help a lot LOL

And yes, the COM port, baud rates, etc. are set as between the 1258.

===
If I do need that DB9 COM2 then it will be interesting as I have to connect the radio to the ARI-500 so the amplifier can follow the band switching. I need to check to see if it uses the COM port.

sm2o:
Yes you need a CAT cable (RS-232)  from RRC com2 to the Radio CAT port. HRD uses Kenwood CAT protocol and it's the only way HRD can talk to the Radio

The RJ12 control cable from RRC TTL to the Radio only handles the Control panel protocol which is NOT the same as the public CAT protocol

/mike

W4AFK:

That's what I thought ... it was something simple that I overlooked. I'll connect a RS232 cable

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version