Author Topic: Power failure?  (Read 5526 times)

LA6MNA

• View Profile
    • Email
Power failure?
« on: 2013-06-27, 16:45:34 »
My RRC-1258 MkII (Dispaly side) has ceased functioning. When I connect the 12V to the RRC, I only get red and Yellow led's lit. The PWR LED remains unlit. I turn of power yesterday, an then all were functioning. I had only once same problem 2 days ago, but then I turn on and of the 12V power, and all was okay. I use the RCC for IC-706 MK2G. It is also impossible to reach the box from the computer through Microbit Setup Manager og via Ethernet port. Any suggestions what to do, to get it to work again?

73, de LA6MNA-Leif

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Power failure?
« Reply #1 on: 2013-06-27, 16:56:24 »
If both red and yellow LED are ON and PWR LED is OFF the unit do not boot, remove all cables and check that your power supply is ok. Connect 12V again, if it still do not boot there is nothing you can do, you have to send it to us for repair.

73 de mike

LA6MNA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-06-27, 18:11:21 »
Hello Mike!

Thanks for answer! I have tried to do as you wrote, but it is the same. But I have some new info. When running on only USB power, it boots up and I can use Microbit setup manager and all seems to be ok. The green power led is now flashing. So I connent the 12V to the RCC and the green power led stops flashing after a while (5-10 sec.) Then I disconnent the USB power and RCC is up and running. Now works again. If I now again disconnect 12 V from RCC, It will not boot when I again connect the 12V.

Any Idea? Or must I send it to you?

73, LA6MNA-Leif
« Last Edit: 2013-06-27, 18:26:55 by LA6MNA »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-06-28, 09:29:51 »
Hi

I guess you have to send it to us anyway. Men vi har dålig bemanning över sommaren så om det funkar som du nu gör över sommaren så kanske det är bäst du kör så och skickar in det i augusti

73 de mike

IN3ASW

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2013-06-28, 10:22:48 »
Hi,
it happened to me once that after an RTTY QSO with full power, the remote RRC crashed in a similar way, due to RF feedback, probably.  The problem was the first chip (4 Pin) just behind the DC plug (can't recall the IC type). I substitute with 2 x VK200 inductors and it solved my issue.
Hope this helps.

regards

Gianni IN3ASW

LA6MNA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2013-07-01, 16:44:24 »
Hi!

Thanks for the tips. When it boot, its runs perfectly. So now I have connected it to a 24 hour sypply.

Jag sender min RRC til er i Augusti, det går bra. Så får vi den 100% igen.

73 de LA6MNA-Leif.