Author Topic: RRC-1258v1 firmware update; the control-RRC status page cannot be loaded ?  (Read 3619 times)

oh3lmg

• View Profile
Hi !

I downloaded the latest firmware to my RRC-1258v1. Both control and radio units were updated successfully to the same version that is RRC-1258-CRC_v2.28_2010-12-02.bin.

On the laptop computer, both units can be accessed with ping and web browser. For example, I can view the Info page of the both units.

But, when I want to see the Status page, it only works with the radio-RRC. The status page of the Control-RRC cannot be loaded. Any helps ?  :(

I tried to test the link between control and radio sides without radio (IC706) because the cables are not ready.

Web browser gives an error as follows:

---
Website not available.

http://Http://192.168.0.227/status.htm at the site could be
temporarily unavailable or it may have moved permanently to a new
address.

For more information about this error
Below is the original error message

Error 324 (net:: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.
---

Regards,

Timo OH3LMG
« Last Edit: 2010-12-07, 23:55:46 by oh3lmg »

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Strange behaviour indeed!

Here are a few things to try/check:

Can you check "Dns server" under "IP Settings" and verify that it's ok?

Can you try these steps:

1/
Go to the Info page, take a note of the "Uptime" counter's value.

2/
Try to access the Status page.

3/
Wait a few seconds and go again to the Info page and check the "Uptime" counter's value again. The value should have increased by the corresponding number of seconds gone since the first visit of the Info page. If it is less than before, probably near zero, then the unit restarted due to some so far unknown error.

Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

oh3lmg

• View Profile
Hi Jan !

Thanks for help.

1) "Uptime" counter's values are running.

2) It seems that Gateway and DNS addresses were invalid, not 192.168.0.1 (default). The real value is 192.168.0.254.  ;)

Now it is possible to view the Status page of the Control-RRC. Next, I need to make the control cables.  ;D

Regards,

Timo OH3LMG