RRC 1258 Support in English > Hardware, Cabling, Installations

Radio RRC: No Power

<< < (2/2)

VE3FU:
Hi Mike,

I'm back at home with the Radio RRC.  Using the photo that you kindly provided I was able to check voltage levels at the points indicated in your photo.  Please see the attached photo for the voltage levels that I measured.

Obviously some of the voltages I measured are incorrect:

- The 11.5V on one of the EMI filter ports should be 0V, as measured on my working Control RRC.  (I believe the 12V on two of the EMI filter ports is correct, since that's what I measure on my working Control RRC).
- The 11.5V on the diode should be 8/9V, as indicated in your photo and measured on my working control RRC
- The 11.5V on the test point should be 3.3V, as indicated in your photo and measured on my working control RRC

I think the original part that was damaged was the EMI filter.  Since I'm measuring 11.5V at points where there should only be 8/9V, 3.3V and 0V, I'm concerned that other parts might also be damaged.

I know it's a long shot, but I'd like to try and repair this Radio RRC (it's already broken, so I don't have anything to lose, other than my time and the cost of a few parts).  Using the markings on the EMI filter (p/n TDK ZJY-2P01), protection diode (p/n ER Z351), 8/9V diode (circled in my photo, p/n V2E P314L), and DC/DC switch?? (circled in my photo, p/n LJYB), I'm only able to find the EMI filter on any Google searches or on any of the supplier web sites, like DigiKey or Mouser.  Would you be able to provide me with the manufacturer (or DigiKey / Mouser) part numbers for those parts?

FYI, I'm still able to connect to the Radio RRC using the USB port and the Microbit Setup Manager, but obviously it's limited in functionality.

Thanks again for all your assistance!

Chris VE3FU

sm2o:
Hi

I agree, it's the gnd path in the EMI filter which is broken, the filter is not important for the function, it's there for the CE/FCC approval so you can just replace it with two wires to verify that it's the problem

73 de mike

VE3FU:
Hi Mike,

I shorted the two GND pins of the EMI filter together and now have the Radio RRC working again!  I will order a new EMI filter to replace the broken one before sending the Radio RRC back to the remote location.

Thanks again for all your help / support.

Chris

kl9a:
I am having a similar problem, except I get 13.5V everywhere I test.

Any other spots I should be checking other than what is shown in this thread?

Thanks,
Chris KL9A

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version