Author Topic: Restart Radio RRC via telnet command  (Read 752 times)

oe2wpo

• View Profile
Restart Radio RRC via telnet command
« on: 2024-01-25, 14:41:40 »
Hello!

Is it possible to Restart the Radio RRC via telnet?

No, the  telnet port is not tunneled.
Yes HTTP Port is tunneled, thus unusable after short time beeing continuously "tested" from the internet.

Thanks!
Werner

pe1hzg

• View Profile
Re: Restart Radio RRC via telnet command
« Reply #1 on: 2024-01-29, 12:41:06 »
You don't need to make the HTTP port accessible from the Internet at all for remoterig to function. Once set up, you don't need access to the HTTP port from the Internet; only the UDP ports are required.

Also, I wonder how the remote is accessing the network. If you're using some kind of access point, perhaps as wifi client (which is not unlikely given the unavailability of the wifi module these days), you might want to ponder using said access point to create a VPN tunnel and only make your remoterig accessible via the tunnel. I would do some experiments with OpenWRT for this.

Alternatively, if the control station is at a fixed location (hence has a predictable IP address), you can limit access from the internet to only accept these predictable IP addresses. That is trivial (at least on OpenWRT).

If you DO need HTTP access, another possibility would be to make an SSH connection to a raspberry pi, enable SOCS on the SSH connection ("ssh -D 1080 ....") and then temporary enable SOCS on your firefox browser and use that to access the HTTP port. Note that you can't use SOCKS to tunnel the UDP connections but HTTP should work.

oe2wpo

• View Profile
Re: Restart Radio RRC via telnet command
« Reply #2 on: 2024-02-03, 17:59:09 »
Hello!

>You don't need to make the HTTP port accessible from the Internet at all for remoterig to function.
To Restart RRC you need HTTP access, but tunneling the HTTP Port is not the solution.

I use a SSH tunnel now to access the RRC Webinterface.
This works fine!

Thanks for your response!