Author Topic: Help with TS-480 Remote  (Read 403 times)

EC1A

• View Profile
Help with TS-480 Remote
« on: 2024-01-17, 10:48:56 »
Good morning
I am a new user of RemoteRig, I want to use it remotely with a Kenwood TS-480.
I have managed to get the CAT to work without problems, with the CW I have some configuration problem, when I plug the Jack into the rear connector of PADDLE I keep sending stripes all the time. Any ideas?

For digital and RTTY (FSK) modes, what interface do you recommend? I'm trying to do it with Rigexpert but I'm not able to. Some help?

Thanks to All

73 Ger, EC1A

HB9BJL

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help with TS-480 Remote
« Reply #1 on: 2024-03-31, 17:57:07 »
CW and FSK works fine with my setup. Both RRC units has a built-in Winkey and a FSK interface. You can connect the FSK output from the I/O RJ-45 connector to the FSK Input of the TS-480. You must make up the FSK cable yourself. I connect the radio side with a 3,5mm jack cable between the PAD and the KEY connectors. On the control unit I use the provided USB cable and my paddle connects to the PAD jack. Have a look at the manual first. For RTTY you can configure the control unit as follows: in the Serial settings COM3(Extra) mode you change COM3Extra mode (USB-COMFSK) from Mode-8 Winkeyer to Mode-10 Baudot-RTTY and restart the control unit.  I can send you some printscreens (chris.eugster@gmail.com).  73 de Christian HB9BJL

W1UE

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help with TS-480 Remote
« Reply #2 on: 2024-04-01, 11:54:42 »
GM Ger.  I use a Digirig module as my soundcard.  The output of the soundcard is sent to a homemade cable that connects to the I/O.  I also use the Digirig module to supply  the PTT for the unit- both sound and PTt connect to that cable.  I can give more specifics on the cable, but you can look in the manual and see what pins you need to connect to.

Dennis W1UE