RRC-Micro PC Client in English > General discussion

Com1 & Com2 sometime

(1/5) > >>

IZ7ANL:
Hi,
I am using TS480 connect on Com2 (HDR work ok) and I tried to use Prosistel rotor on Com1 but it seems impossible to use HDR rotor application by RCC-Micro PC. Of course I used a inverted cable to connect prosistel and Com1.
Anyone has experience on those connection?
Is it possible to use more device with RCC-Micro PC I mean Com1 & Com2 sometimes?
Has RCC-Micro PC any limitaton system?
My best regard Nicola

dj0qn:
Hi Nicola,

There is no reason why this should not work. I suspect that you may have the
wrong baud rate set-up: it must be set to 9600-8-N-1.

Otherwise, an example of someone using COM1 to control a rotor is at:
http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=1073.0

I hope this helps a bit.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

IZ7ANL:
Dear Mitch,
if I use RRC-1258MkIIs all work ok and I can controll the rotor, but if I use a RCC-Micro PC it didn't work and I can't connect the rotor.
My setting are: Com2 TS480 &  Com1 Prosistel Rotor, on my computer RCC-Micro PC use Com2 like Com 17 & Com1 like Com16.
Any suggestion?
May be RCC-Micro PC has a limitation to use 2 com sometimes?
My best regard Nicola

dj0qn:
Hi Nicola,

The settings in your RRC and PC Client should be identical for COM1. It should work just fine.
I assume that you are using the correct COM port in Windows, since COM1 will likely not be
COM1 in Windows.

I suggest that you provide your RRC COM1 settings and PC Client settings, so that either
the guys in Sweden can look at it, or maybe I can see what the problem is.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

IZ7ANL:
Dear Mitch,
many thanks for your attention. My setting are follows:
*RCC radio-Com1-Mode3-9600-8-1-0-N-0d;
*RCC control-Com1-Mode3-9600-8-1-0-N-0d (Like I said in previw post HDR Rotator work ok);
*PC Client-Com1-Mode3-Microbit RRMicro (Com11) (I use com11 with HDR Rotator)-terminator 0d-timeout 40; 
*PC Client-Com2-Mode3-Microbit RRMicro (Com12) (I use com12 with HDR & it work ok)-terminator 3b-timeout 40;
On my netbook I have install PC client like: Com0=Com10 - Com1=Com11 - Com2=Com12 and RCC like Com1=Com3(HDR Rotator) - Com2=Com2(HDR)
I am using the same computer at home with RCC and around the word with PC client.
Nicola

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version