RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration, RRC 1258

Audio interruptions and type of service

(1/1)

HB9BJL:
I have my RRC-1258 on the radio site connected through a Netgear Nighthawk M5 Router (no landline / fibre available). I have downgraded it to 4G (LTE), recommended by my provider. When using 5G I had way too many interruptions. At my radio site the 5G has only one channel and it is congested. I still have some audio interruptions with 4G but a lot less in comparison.

Is there a possibility to fine tune the settings ? In the advanced menu the IP type of service is set to 0. Can this be improved with a different setting ?
The audio quality has been set to 0 - alaw 8 kHz to conserve bandwith. The quality is sufficient.

Using a twin TS-590S setup resulted in much more audio droputs. The TS-480 is behaving a lot better in this respect, possibly generating less traffic but the receiver is worse in strong signal envoronments.

Any help is highly appreciated.

73 de Christian
HB9BJL.

VA2EBI:

Christian, like Nodir I am using the Winkey feature in the RRC1258, but I have not been satisfied with the quality of my CW.  I use a Begali Contour paddle into the PAD jack of the RRC1258, but I do not believe the quality of my transmitted CW is an issue with the paddle.  When my radio is off, I can monitor my paddle with external speakers connected to the SP jack on the Control RRC, and I am sending near-perfect code.  My remote setup is a pair of Yaesu FT5000's in Yaesu Twin configuration.  I also use N1MM Plus Logger, but I was confused by the structure of your reply to Nodir.  I would appreciate copies of your printscreens for the Control RRC I/O screen, and also your N1MM Hardware, Winkey and Mode Control screens.  I should not be sending sloppy CW.  Thank you.

George VA2EBI

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version