Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
OK, found the issue after the reset. For some reason I was still able to ping the old IP which means some other device grabbed it.

As usual, in 99% of the cases the problem sits in front of the keyboard. When I replaced my router and all WiFi APs, i reserved a block of
IPs in the DHCP server. The RemoteRig IP was outside of that block.

Tripple facepalm. Thanks for your swift support and help however.

73 Mike
press the reset button for 20 secs to do factory default reset

have you tried to browse from another PC or from a phone ?

/mike
I haven't done a factory default reset yet, only new firmware. How do I perform the factory reset?

Another thing to note, I had the radio running and when trying to connect to the webserver on the control unit the radio control head
freezes up and the unit reboots.
Hi
I don't think this this is a Remoterig issue, if you have done factory default reset and you get this result, the problem is probabaly somehwere else.
There is a telnet server also at port 23 but I don't see how it would help

73 de mike
After removal of USB cable, Setup Manager found the device and showed the correct address and Port 80.

When I clicked the Config button, the address field was empty and all other address fields had the same address including DNS.
Changed it to the correct values and saved to the device.
Still not able to connect with a browser. Is there a console via Telnet to access the unit?
Remove the USB cable and use the same tab and click on find device button to the right. then select the correct unit an click on the browse button

/mike
See attached. This is what the Microbit Setup Manager presents.
that's not the "net info/find device tab"

mike
Hi
If you can ping the unit but not browse it you probably not using the standard port 80 for the webserver. If you use the microbit setup manager program and do "net info/find" it will show which webserver port you have set (after the IP-number). You can click on browse then the correct portnumber will be added by the program so you can reach the webpages and change web server port  back to port 80.

73 de mike

The unit is using Port 80 as usual. Net info/ Find shows the following:

MAC       : 00:1e:fd:01:a4:07
IP address: 192.168.1.21
Netmask   : 255.255.255.0
Gateway   : 192.168.1.1
DNS       : 8.8.8.8

No Port info there. It can be retrieved however via Setup. Just saved the same config to the unit again but no dice.

FWIW I've been just playing around in CQ WPX right now and connection to the radio seemed stable except for the usual Reset Radio prompt when using N1MM+.

When I saved the config to the device it shut down and I had to hard reset again.

73 Mike
Hi
If you can ping the unit but not browse it you probably not using the standard port 80 for the webserver. If you use the microbit setup manager program and do "net info/find" it will show which webserver port you have set (after the IP-number). You can click on browse then the correct portnumber will be added by the program so you can reach the webpages and change web server port  back to port 80.

73 de mike
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10