RRC 1258 Support in English > General discussion forum

CW Keying

(1/6) > >>

sm0mdg:
Is it just me or is the keyer a little "slippery" in B mode? I am used to Winkeyer (and Yaesu keyers which seems very similar to Winkeyer) and find the Remoterig keyer requiring a very precise release of paddles to avoid an extra dash or dot.

Is there any way to use Winkeyer with Remoterig? That would be useful with contest software or maybe someone...

73 de Björn
SM0MDG
SE0X

dj4mz:
Hi Björn,

--- Quote from: sm0mdg on 2010-08-10, 14:52:11 ---Is it just me or is the keyer a little "slippery" in B mode? I am used to Winkeyer (and Yaesu keyers which seems very similar to Winkeyer) and find the Remoterig keyer requiring a very precise release of paddles to avoid an extra dash or dot.

--- End quote ---
I don't think it's just you, I have the same problem when changing between the Remoterig keyer at home and the Winkeyer at the contest station. It always takes some time to adapt to the "new" keyer.

vy 73, Simon (DJ4MZ)

DL7AV:
Indeed the keyer is a little slippery in B mode. When you stay on the dot paddle during the complete length of a dot another dot will be generated. Is that a bug or a feature? I would like that to be corrected, for the time being I have to use mode A.
73,  Thomas DL7AV

DL8HCZ:
Same experience here. First thought I made a config mistake,
but as you all report the same it looks like that it`s normal?
73 Joe, DL8HCZ

sm0mdg:
Mike, any ideas or comments?

A feature that I really would like to see is a K1EL (compatible) chip in the keyer, ready to connect to N1MM or other contest or logging software.

73 de Björn,
SM0MDG
SE0X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version