RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration, RRC 1258

Dynamic DNS Status: Error Code 9

(1/2) > >>

EA5WA:
Hi everyone:

My system is working with ic-706, but only setting the remote side IP external address in the SIP contact Box. It doesn't work neither with dyndns or ddns.remoterig.

I can see in the radio RRC:

Dynamic DNS Status: Error Code 9

DNS status:   OK, remoterig.com = 193.202.110.185

The Control RRC is always:

DNS status   Error, failed to resolve remoterig.com!

Using the dyndns address I can go into the Radio RRC configuration page, but I can't conect both RRC's.

Any ideas?

73's from EA5EXK Juan Carlos

Jan (Microbit):
The status "DNS status   Error, failed to resolve remoterig.com!" means that the DNS isn't working, and so host names can't be used in SIP Contact, only IP addresses. Check the "DNS server" setting in the control RRC, if it seems ok and it still doesn't work try using another DNS server, for ex those found at http://www.opendns.com/.

EA5WA:
And .....what about Error Code 9?

What does that mean?

73's

Jan (Microbit):

--- Quote from: EA5EXK on 2012-02-02, 16:26:01 ---And .....what about Error Code 9?

What does that mean?

73's
--- End quote ---
Just that the Dynamic DNS update process failed in a state labelled "9". It is for our internal use if there is no known reason for the Dymaic DNS update to fail. In this case there is a known reason, a non-functioning DNS.

sm2o:
If you can use the ddns adress from your PC but not from the RRC when they are connected to the same router you have setup the dns wrong in the RRC. check with ipconfig what dns the pc use and set up the RRC so it use the same dns adress as the pc. In 99% of the cases the gateway and the dns adress is the same and = the LAN ip adress of the router.

73 de mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version