Author Topic: RRC-radio no power LED  (Read 5691 times)

N5CQ

• View Profile
    • Email
RRC-radio no power LED
« on: 2011-04-21, 16:30:27 »
After working fine for several days, now I cannot connect and the "radio" unit shows no power LED indication. Switching the "control" unit to the same supply lights up the LED on the control unit and I can reach the control unit via IP. There is no power indicator or communications with the radio unit on either supply. I have confirmed +12VDC at the power connector, and also noticed that the device labeled "X100F RRB2" just behind the power connector is very warm, even with the unit not operating. I assume this is hardware/repair issue not a setup problem?  73 John N5CQ

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: RRC-radio no power LED
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-21, 20:19:06 »
The RRC:s are extremly tolerant and stand against almost everything but thunderstorms. Units comming back for repair is extremly rare. I don't have a box with me so I can check what component you are talking about, but it's probably the automatic fuse. Something is consuming to much power. Remove all cables and only connect the pwr cable. If you still have the problem you have to send it in for repair.

73 de mike

MaxieGodde

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-03-06, 06:34:03 »
After working fine for several days, now I cannot connect and the "radio" unit shows no power LED indication. Switching the "control" unit to the same supply lights up the LED on the control LED Light Bars led strip lights flexible led strip  unit and I can reach the control unit via IP. There is no power indicator or communications with the radio unit on either supply. I have confirmed +12VDC at the power connector, and also noticed that the device labeled "X100F RRB2" just behind the power connector is very warm, even with the unit not operating. I assume this is hardware/repair issue not a setup problem?  73 John N5CQ

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-03-06, 08:26:20 »
Are you sure that you have the right polarity on the PS. Positive should be in the centre of the connector. The X100F RRB2 is a Automatic fuse, and if it's hot something is consuming to much power.

/mike