Author Topic: No connection after moving control RRC to vacation home  (Read 5043 times)

NC4DC

• View Profile
    • Email
When I installed and set up both RRC's at my home QTH, all worked fine (ethernet and wifi).  I then carried the contol RRC and RC-2000 for my Kenwood to another location down the street and still everything was fine.  Now that I have left NC to my vaction place in Florida, I can not connect to the radio RRC in NC.  The green light continues to flash which indicates a network problem.  The only way I can stop the flashing is to change the IP information to match the router.  Even with the green light showing a good network connection, I still can't connect to the radio RRC.  The router here in Florida is a Dlink and the one in North Carolina is a Linksys.  It seems I have missed something.  Any suggestion???????

Thanks,
David

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: No connection after moving control RRC to vacation home
« Reply #1 on: 2013-02-17, 17:31:55 »
David,

Did you change the SIP port to something other than 5060? That is critical, since 5060
is blocked in many routers and most hotels for VoIP use.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX
« Last Edit: 2013-02-17, 17:50:42 by dj0qn »

NC4DC

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-02-17, 18:03:30 »
Although I'm not in a hotel, I tried it anyway.  It still is not connecting.

Thanks for the reply.

David

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-02-17, 18:10:25 »
David,

I am not sure if I understand your answer. You say that you changed the SIP port from
5060 on both RRC's and it still doesn't work?

Like I wrote, it is used by many routers for VoIP, so this port should never be used.

If this isn't the problem, then I can try to help you from here. Please contact me at
dj0qn (at) darc.de or Skype "mitchwo" and we can work on a solution.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

N6TDC

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2013-02-22, 13:05:21 »
Mitch DJ0QX will be a great help -- he has an awesome checklist which will take you through all the necessary steps.

High level, you need to check your homebase station first and make sure it is working, then confirm your "control" side is working.

(1) From your web browser, can you reach your homebase station?  Can you login to the "radio side" Remoterig box from the public internet?
  If not, did you leave remote administration of your Wireless router turn on (available to the public internet?) Can you reach it?
  If not, can you check status on your DDNS, and is it working? (If you are using RemoteRig DDNS:  http://ddns.remoterig.com/status/index.php)

If all the above is okay:
(2) Can you login to your "control side" Remoterig box, and does it "see" the public internet?  Check that you are using DHCP on it, and follow the other steps suggested on Mitch's checklist.

Hope this helps--
Jim N6TDC
« Last Edit: 2013-02-22, 13:06:53 by N6TDC »