Author Topic: HRO shows Remote Rig as discontinued  (Read 5113 times)

K9aav

• View Profile
    • Email
HRO shows Remote Rig as discontinued
« on: 2013-05-09, 23:12:02 »
I called HRO today to see if they could make sure to have a RemoteRig 1258MKIIS-Set with them at the Dayton hamvention so I could pick it up from there booth.  I got to talk to Rick at there order desk and he looked on his computer and told me
that the RemoteRig was being discontinued and they would no longer carry them.   Wow.!!    What a shock.   But he was able
to check all there stores for stock and he found 3 on hand at the Phoenix store.   So I immediately had him ship one out to me.
There were none available at there other stores.    I am just wondering if anyone else knows anything about this situation.
It seems like a very good product and I would hate to see it being eliminated.    Thanks for any comments
Denny
K9AAV

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: HRO shows Remote Rig as discontinued
« Reply #1 on: 2013-05-09, 23:16:08 »
Thats not true, we have just shipped a lot of systems to them for the Dayton sales.
I guess he have looked at some older art no. which may have been replaced by a new one.

73 de mike

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-05-10, 05:10:45 »
I think I know the answer here: I was in the Phoenix store a few days ago and
asked about the reduced price on the RC-480KIT, which is the TS-480 control
head sold separately. They told me it was discontinued and had reduced the price
even further to $155. They had 7 in stock, so I bought 4 of them for that price.

I believe that the person you spoke to was confusing the RC-480KIT and the RRC-1258.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

K9aav

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-05-10, 15:20:09 »
Mike.   Tnx for the reply.   Now I'm wondering if I will be getting the latest version or an "older" model that's left in there stock.??   But I think One can update the firmware to the latest version when I get it.  Correct.?
Denny
K9aav

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2013-05-10, 18:56:51 »
Hi
No it's no risk that you get a older hardware version, the current version has been in production for more than a year. The firmware is almost for shure the not the latest, it's not even the latest when we ship them but it's very easy to upgrade.

73 de mike

K9aav

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2013-05-10, 19:14:34 »
Ok   Tnx Mike.   I feel better about my decision to order one right away.   I look forward to receiving it and working with it after I return from the Dayton Hamvention.   I will be signing off from this forum for now.
Denny
K9aav