Author Topic: Strange behaviour  (Read 4664 times)

Remote_Mike

• View Profile
    • Email
Strange behaviour
« on: 2013-03-09, 13:46:35 »
Hello!
I managed to configure the Radio and Remote RRC-1258MkII and it works on my local network.
The Control RRC finds the Radio RRC and I can connect to the Radio RRC.

If I place the Radio RRC to my remote station at my shacks place something goes wrong.
I test my RRC equipment with LogMeIn remote login.
If I connect to the Radio RRC the yellow LED on the Radio RRC (AUX/MIC) goes on (SIP connection OK) and the LEDs on my Ethernet switch and Radio RRC (green Ethernet LED) are flashing (means Ethernet pakets are transfering from ADSL Modem to the switch and to the Radio RRC) .

BUT just a few seconds later the ADLS router on the remote site will be blocked and I cannot access to the Ethernet.
If i try to start the Internet browser I will not get a connection to the Internet. If i check the status of the Radio RRC it seems to be ok (no errors) although the Ethernet is blocked.
The Ethernet connection to the ISP will be blocked and sometimes I get even a new IP address from my ISP.
That means to me that the ADLS router hangs up and at startup I will get a new IP address from my ISP.

Is it normal that the Ethernet LEDs (green) on the Control and Radio RRC blinks quickly?
And I have seen on the Radio RRC that the Audio IN and OUT Ports and the Command IN and OUT ports are not the same. When I try my RRC set up at local network at home the IN/OUT ports for Audio and Command are the same (11000, 12000). 
I am using the ports 11000, 12000, 5070 for the connections.
A remote access to the Radio RRC webpage is possible. That means the IP address of Radio RRC is sent to the dynamic DNS.
The Radio RRC is in the DMZ of the ADLS-Router with a fix IP address. I tried to do a port forwarding with port 11000, 12000 and 5070 but the result was the same (as mentioned above).
I try to do the setup without connected radio (Elecraft K3) to be sure that only the RRC could be the problem.

All other remote rig is working perfectly well (rotor, SteppIR antenna).

Please could anybody help me? I have not the faintest idea what the problem could be! And I already wasted a lot of time to manage the problem without results.

Thanks a lot
Mike

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Strange behaviour
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-09, 13:56:18 »
Mike, drop me a mail directly at dj0qn (at) darc.de and I will send you
my networking checklist. You should be able to find the problem using
this.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Remote_Mike

• View Profile
    • Email
Strange behaviour
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-03, 09:53:11 »
Hi there!
Thanks Mitch for your offer.
In the meantime I have found the problem. It has nothing to do with the network settings (IP, DHCP, NAT, DMZ, etc.).
Unfortunatley the "Audio Dual-RX" switch was set to "YES"! That doubles the bandwidth and caused the network problem due to limited bandwidth.
This cost me a lot of nerves..  ;)

Mike