Author Topic: ICOM CI-V now implemented  (Read 7802 times)

SM2Z

• View Profile
    • SM2Z
    • Email
ICOM CI-V now implemented
« on: 2009-01-21, 13:31:42 »

News!

As of 2009-01-16 there is support for transferring CI-V data together with 2-way sound in the RRC 1258. You can use any ham-radio control program (e.g Ham Radio deLuxe) to control the remote station without the need for a computer at the far end. No need to use Skype or IP-sound to transfer audio.

Support for Kenwood and Yaesu and also a general serial data / audio transfer to be used in repeater links and other applications is coming very soon. More info on that later.

oz8pg

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: ICOM CI-V now implemented
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-02, 17:50:31 »
Hej.
I find your remote system very competetive.
Being an Icom-fan for many years, I guess it's an easy thing to install your remote system to an IC-756Pro2 and pro3.
My future dream is to buy an Elecraft K3, But as far I know K3 it is much like Icom.
Do you think the your system fairly easy can be modified to work with  Elecraft K3 also if the dream should be realized?
Right now I am interested in Icom -
How long deliverytime just now?
How about payment?

Vy 73's de OZ8PG
Per

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: ICOM CI-V now implemented
« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-03, 12:44:25 »
Hi
As far as I have heard the K3 uses a superset of the kenwwod commands. We are not looking inside the messages we only retransmit them so if the End Of message character ; is the same it will work without any modifications.

Mike