Author Topic: Different radios under different profiles  (Read 4189 times)

K9SO

• View Profile
Different radios under different profiles
« on: 2014-01-07, 02:30:51 »
OK ... I can understand no one wants to jump in on this one so let me restate the question: Can I set up different radios under different profiles? I configure the control for an IC706 head and it works for the Yaesu (I don't use the Aux/Mic connector). I can't get the 706 to work under a different profile that is set up identically to another control box where it is working fb. Is this even possible??

Original post:

I have been successfully remoting my FTDX3000 for some time now. I just purchased a second RRC 1258 set to operate my IC706 via the remote head. Both are operating perfectly and simultaneously to different locations using all four boxes.

But I would like to free up one control unit and operate the IC-706 with the same (original) control unit that I am using for the FTDX3000, but under a different profile. I reconfigured the strapping for the IC706 and the unit still works with the Yaesu on COM1. (I do not use the Aux/Mic socket when running the Yaesu). But when I change profiles and use the same settings as I used on the working new unit, I cannot get it to work with the IC706. Same cables, same settings, trying to connect to the same radio end unit. Can this even be done?

All four boxes are V7. The older V7 (control) was updated to V2.75 firmware. This box works with the Yaesu under one profile, but not with the Icom under a different profile. All the other boxes are running V2.74. I have not been able to get this second profile to work even on the LAN.

Thanks and 73,

Fred
« Last Edit: 2014-01-09, 08:34:05 by wa9mvz »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Different radios under different profiles
« Reply #1 on: 2014-01-10, 13:09:23 »
Im not sure I understand the question ? The idea with the profile is that you can store data for different setups and then select which profile you want to use as the active profile. The hardware settings of course has to be changed also before changing profile if they are different. If you have strapped a new hardware for IC-706 and it doesn't work, I guess the problem is that you have broken one of the red straps.

73 de mike

K9SO

• View Profile
Re: Different radios under different profiles
« Reply #2 on: 2014-02-17, 14:22:13 »
Strapping was not the issue as I was able to get it to work using the DEFAULT profile for the IC706. Both radios working FB now, but I'm not sure why the IC-706 remote head only works under default. The two different versions of the control units had different factory pre-set UDP ports set up too. That might have been part of the problem.

73, and keep up the good work.