RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration, RRC 1258

Radio bodies to computer and radio heads to RRC?

(1/2) > >>

kn7uengeng:
Is it possible in order to reduce up front costs to only purchase the hardware version of the RemoteRig controller for the heads of the radios and use a computer(s) connected to the internet and the bodies of the radios?  I want to create a Go-Box with a Kenwood TS-480SAT head and a Kenwood TM-D710A Radio head in it.  With both heads running on batteries and with an iPhone 5 as a WIFI hotspot.  I'd want to control the radio bodies hooked to a computer(s) at the home QTH via the radio heads hooked to the RRCs.  Can this be done? - Thanks Gene

dj0qn:
Yes, the control RRC's are available separately. If you can buy the heads as well,
then that is no problem. I have a couple of stations that I am part of with about
ten TS-480 users each using that configuration.

I also have a "go-box" with a TS-480 head, RRc and battery mounted in a Pelican
case. See photos at http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=953.msg3882#msg3882

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

kn7uengeng:
I don't completely understand your response.  Are you saying I don't need the RRC boxes on the radio bodies, and I can use a PC with them instead?  And that I only need 2 RRC boxes for the radio heads in the GoBox to function remotely? - Gene

dj0qn:
Maybe I misunderstood your question. I assumed you were asking if it was
possible to purchase additional control RRC's, so I said yes. If this was not
your question, then please disregard my answer and restate your question
again if I didn't understand.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

kn7uengeng:
I'm just wondering if you can use a computer or computers to control the radio bodies and the RRC boxes for just the Radio heads and accomplish the same thing and save some money On the initial set up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version