Webswitch 1216H Support in English > Configuration, Webswitch 1216H

Scan Bus A 1-wire : Invalid 1-wire code found!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jan (Microbit):
Every 1-wire device has an unique ID. The Webswitch can handle up to a total of 25 1-wire devices(sum of Bus A and B). Adding one at a time is a good suggestion.

OZ1AXG:
Easyer said than done  :( They are all soldered directly onto a single cable - so not so easy to take a part again ...

The error message im getting - what does it mean ?

Flam

Tytn:
Though luck  :-\

I guess the error message is coupled to the way the 1-Wire protocol works. Like Jan said, every 1-wire device has a unique id used as a identifier during communications. When the bus master (webswitch) searches for a new (that has a unknown ID) slave device, is limited to only registering one device at a time by its search algorithm.
But this is all speculation on my part.

How does your network topology (structure) look?
There are some that are not suitable for use with 1-wire, due to signal reflections and signal cancellations, like:
     (S)  (S)
       \   /
(M)---¤---(S)  Or  (M)------(S)------¤--------¤------(S)
       /   \                                       |           |
    (S)   (S)                       [long cable]     [long cable]
                                                    |           |
                                                  (S)        (S)
Optimally the slaves should be linked in a linear fashion, like: (M)---(S)---(S)---(S)---(S).

/Tytn

Jan (Microbit):
I only suggested to add one 1-wire device at a time in order to debug what is causing the error you see. Normally it should be possible to scan and find multiple devices simultaneously.

The error message you get is due to that the WS gets an invalid answer/code from some of the devices on the bus.

OZ1AXG:
im using this config:
(M)---(S)---(S)---(S)---(S)

4 identical type Devices (4x temp sensor).

I guess i can put connectors on it but nice to know that WS is capable of scanning more than one new device connect at the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version