Author Topic: Remoterig boxes and PC  (Read 3873 times)

iz1ksw

• View Profile
Remoterig boxes and PC
« on: 2013-07-17, 16:07:07 »
Hi all,
I was wondering which software is required to run this configuration:
http://www.remoterig.com/picturepaster/95574a49dc41492c9fa136b3bef0fb11.jpg

Basically, it's the remoterig configuration using remote and control box but with no radio head on the control side.
Is there any free software available to control the remoterig control box?

Thanks,
Gab

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Remoterig boxes and PC
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-17, 16:56:31 »
Gab,

There are many, many  possibilities, too many to list here. Basically, any software that has
CAT control can be used. Some programs, such as HRD and TRX-Manager, have special
interfaces to emulate rigs. Others just have simple CAT interfaces to control the VFO and
maybe some controls.

Some are free, such as DX Labs, others costs some money, such as HRD (new version) and
TRX-Manager. It is best to download and try the trial versions and see what you prefer to use.

Note that that graphic depicts an Icom tranceiver, which you can use COM0 in the RRC for
CAT control. Other transceivers (Kenwood, Yaesu, etc.) would require using COM2 of the RRC
to carry CAT, so only COM1 would be available for controlling other devices, such as a rotor.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

iz1ksw

• View Profile
Re: Remoterig boxes and PC
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-18, 17:14:30 »
Mitch,
thanks for replying to me.
I will have a look to the instructions tonight, anyway, this is going to be a temporary setup. I'll use it to evaluate the network reliability and stability remoting a FT-817. In the mean time I will look for a head detachable radio for the final setup, possibly a FT-857.

Thanks,
Gab