Author Topic: TS480 - RRCs connects but panel is dark  (Read 4043 times)

PY1KN

• View Profile
    • Email
TS480 - RRCs connects but panel is dark
« on: 2013-09-04, 00:20:16 »
Hello

My remote setup is a TS-480, connecetc via two RRCs. The station also includes control of rotator, steppir and wattmeter via serial device servers.

After many months of reliable operation I can not connect the RRCs. When I press the power button on the TS480 panel there is no error tones, but the panel remaisn darkm there is no audio but I hear some clicks.

The strange thing is that when I open the web interface, the control RRC reports connected status. (see attached file)

I made a test, and I can connect via PC-Client normally, so I am sure everything is fine at the radio side.

I checked the 6-way TTL cable between the front panel and the RRC, and it is good.

Anyone has any clues? Should I suspect either my front panel or the control RRC is bad? Any tests I could do?

Thanks

Marcelo, PY1KN

PY1KN

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: TS480 - RRCs connects but panel is dark
« Reply #1 on: 2013-09-04, 01:25:51 »
An update...

I´ve just noticed that even though the Control RRC reports Radio ON, the Radio RRC shows Radio OFF.

It seems I can't switch the radio on from the RRC, but can with PC-Client plus ARCP-480

The units are in program mode 5 (TS480).

Marcelo, PY1KN

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-09-04, 08:00:54 »
Hi Both Control RRC and Radio RRC should always shows radio ON when set in TS-480 mode. If the radio-RRC do not show Radio ON check the cable from radio to Radio-RRC. The Radio-RRC should show Radio ON as long as the Radio is connected to 13.8V it doesn't matter if it's ON or OFF.

73 de mike

PY1KN

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-09-08, 19:55:38 »
Solved.

It was the TTL cable at the radio end.

Thank you Mike.