RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration, RRC 1258

Set sip password now locked out

(1/1)

N3AD:
I am working through setting my ip settings. But at some point, I think after I registered with Microbit DynDNS. (Not sure if I'm actually registered) I set a password which I do have, but the login is also asking for a username which i have no idea of. I didnt set one. is it related to the serial number?

I also have some issues with ip setup, but need to resolve this first.

Thanks and 73
Alan/N3AD

Jan (Microbit):
If you are referring to Username on the 'Dynamic DNS settings' page then that, as well as Password and Own host name, will be automatically generated when selecting 'ddns.remoterig.com'  as 'Dynamic DNS host name'.

N3AD:
Thanks Jan
When I try to get into the radio RRC it asks for user name and password. I have tried get DDNS but not sure of hostname. Is it ddns.remoterig.com? That shows nothing found. Do you know what i should enter as user name on the login. I know the password but didn't create a user name.

Thanks
Alan

dj0qn:
Alan,

You are confusing the different passwords. There are three different passwords used:

- SIP password: this is set in both RRC's by the user to prevent a connect by an unauthorized user. Both RRC's must be identical!
There is no prompt for this password and you can read it off of the RRC's web config page. There is also no corresponding user name!

- Web page password (and user): This is entered by the user to prevent unauthorized access to an RRC's web page. If you forget
this user/password, you will need to reset the unit to gain access again.

- Dynamic DNS user/password: This is automatically generated by the radio RRC when this is enabled the first time. All that is needed
by the user is to copy/paste the ID (not password) into the SIP contact field of the control RRC to allow the control RRC to locate the
radio RRC over the internet.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Jan (Microbit):
Mitch is "da man"!  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version