Author Topic: Connection problem  (Read 4133 times)

w4ych

• View Profile
Connection problem
« on: 2013-10-18, 19:15:50 »
Replaced an older control unit that was a 3000 serial number with a newer one that is a 6000 series.

After configuring the control unit, I am unable to connect to the Radio unit.  To test
the configuration both units are in the same QTH and on the same network.  This should
eliminate any router configuraiton issues and any port forwarding issues.  I am still unable
to connect from the control unit to the radio unit.  To further eliminate any networking
issues, I tested connecting the control unit directly to the radio unit with a crossover and
a straight through cable.  Still unable to make a connection.

Verified the straping and jumpers are correct for the TS480.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve these connection issues?

Thanks, Don, W4YCH

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Connection problem
« Reply #1 on: 2013-10-18, 19:36:43 »
Don,

If I weer you, I would just save the settings from the old RRC in a BIN file, then load this
file in the new RRC. I suggest that you update the firmware in the old RRC first to make sure
that the BIN will be compatible with the new one. Sometimes one makes errors in setting these
up and this will preclude this.

Let us know if you still have a problem after doing that, then we can look at this in more detail.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Connection problem
« Reply #2 on: 2013-10-22, 11:21:41 »
Hi Don,

I would say then that there was nothing wrong with your old RRC (which I had assumed, but wanted to verify first).

It looks as though you are not getting a connection to the RRC. If nothing else has changed, then this must have been
a change to the network environment. Question: what are you using as the dynamic DNS address, is it the one from
Microbit, or from DynDNS? Check to see if the IP number reported for that dynamic DNS address is identical to the
external IP number of the radio RRC's location (just ping the address). If different, then that is were your problem lies.
In that case, you need to figure out why this no longer is working. I can help you with finding this if necessary.

If the dynamic DNS address comes back identical, then we need to otherwise figure out the new problem. We can take
this offline via email to dj0qn (at) darc.de to take a look at your config files, etc. when you are ready.

Mitch DJ0QN/ K7DX