RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration of Routers, Firewalls, etc

RRC with VOIP provider conflict

(1/2) > >>

W2FB:
I have K3/0 set up with RRC-1258 MkII.
At home where I have ATT service landline and Comcast cable I have no problem operating the K3/0
but at the office where I have Comcast as both cable and phone (VoIP) provider,
I could not get the rig working.
I was able to get an IP address via wired connection, but no control is working.
SIP port is 5061
Is there a conflict somewhere? How can I resolve this ?
Has anyone experienced the same problem ?

thank you,
steve

dj0qn:
Steve,

The difference I have noticed is that routers at companies generally have every port closed. This means that
the RRC can't even open a port to the outside, as it will do in a residential router situation. In other words,
this is normally not necessary from the control side, but using from a corporate environment is different.

I suggest you speak to your admin. If this is the case, you need to have him open/forward every port you use
to the RRC,

If this is your own office and you are using a standard residential router, then we would need the status message
you receive when you try to connect to figure this out.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

W2FB:
Hi Mitch
I just heard from Randy K7RAN he uses Comcast for both cable and VOIP and he is able to use the system without problem, he is a residential user though.
Indeed this is my own office and in addition to comcast modem, I also have Netgear Prosafe 16 Gigabit Switch GS116  and Zyxel USG50 Unified Security Gateway.
Hope that helps. What steps should I take to make RRC work at my office ?
thanks again.
steve

dj0qn:
Steve,

It looks like the Zyxel adds a firewall to your setup that most likely blocks these ports. You need to
go into it and open these ports up, then it should work. You need to also take a look at the filtering
section and make sure that SIP ALG is turned off.

I am sure this is the culprit and your problem will be solved by configuring the Zyxel.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

W2FB:
Mitch,
is there any specific ports I need to open on the Zyxel ?
also what does that mean to the office firewall? will that compromise security at all ?
it is a medical office.
steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version