Author Topic: Radio-RRC1258: cannot login/remote administer via the web  (Read 5009 times)

dj4kw

• View Profile
    • Email
In Belize we have an RRC1258 for remote control of V31YN's KWD TS-480.  Software version is "2.75 2013-10-31". All works fine so far with the exception of remote login to the radio RRC for remote administration of parameters like Jitter buffer, delay etc. In contrast to remote-switch, after entering the username and password that have been set up before we receive

http://xxxxxxxx.ddns.remoterig.com:xxxx
verlangt einen Benutzernamen und ein Passwort.
Ausgabe der Website: "E1200"

Is there a set-up-parameter allowing or prohibiting remote login? When exporting settings in html-format, after username and password, a line shows before the keyer parameters.
ENABLE: 0
Does this refer to remote login?

73 Gerd DJ4KW V31YN
gsapper200@t-online.de
« Last Edit: 2014-01-07, 21:31:05 by dj4kw »

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Radio-RRC1258: cannot login/remote administer via the web
« Reply #1 on: 2014-01-07, 10:18:56 »
Hello Gerd,

From the RRC's view of point you should not have to enter anything more than the username and password entered under "IP settings". In fact the "Info" link on the RRC's home page should be accessible without having to logging in. If username and password are left blank/empty then you do not have to log in to access the RRC's home page.

But I think your problem is that your are trying to log in to another device than the RRC as the device replies "Ausgabe der Website: "E1200". If it had been the RRC it would have said "Ausgabe der Website: "Remote Rig".

The "Enable: 0" you see is a Keyer parameter which ideally would have been named differently.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

dj4kw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2014-01-08, 01:21:00 »
One of Murphy's laws (or was it a corollary to it) stated: If you have loosened n-1 screws of n, you find that you open the wrong unit. 

In a radio-RRC there are three passwords and two usernames
(1) IP-settings: WEB-page user, WEB-page pwd;
(2) Dynamic DNS settings: User name, Password
(3) Radio Settings SIP-Password

Guess what I actually used and what I should have used.  Most users seem to set them all alike, violating their administrators' recommendation, but avoiding my problems.

Many thanks Jan and those discussing off reflector for putting me in the right direction!

73 Gerd
DJ4KW V31YN
« Last Edit: 2014-01-08, 01:25:01 by dj4kw »

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2014-01-08, 05:54:27 »
 ;)
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.