Author Topic: Connection problem on Yaesu Twin mode, when General Yaesu mode4 works?  (Read 7041 times)

OH6RX

• View Profile
HNY 2014 to All Remote Users!

Has anybody else faced similar problems? 
1.) connection works GREAT between units on General Yaesu Mode4 = both LEDs ON/ audio goes thru and CAT 38400,8,1 CAT is working with e.g. N1MM ..., BUT
2.) When changing both units to Yaesu Twin mode 10, connection is not created automatically... and/or when changing remote unit to Auto-connect , once  this triggers connection shortly and it blinks shortly connection LEDs and connected radio ft5000 goes either ON or OFF + CAT led on radio blinks as well.

Testing  setup has Local LAN switch 10/100, using RRC HW V7 and lastest FW 2.75... i also tested with 2.66 just in case but result is same. Below some info of  settings.
I have also tried to connect my existing & working / second remote RRC unit to radio unit and behavior is same.

Name   Value
Company   Microbit
Product   1258
PID   4
Version   7
HW   8
Software   2.75
Bootloader   1.10
Compiler   4.6.2
Build   Oct 31 2013 16:36:10

IP address   192.168.0.201
Netmask   255.255.255.0
Gateway   192.168.0.1
DNS   192.168.0.1

UDP cmd port   12000
UDP audio port   11000
SIP port   5060
Web server port   80
Telnet server port   8023

All ideas are welcome... and ask more settings data if i missed some !! thanks for reading.

73s
J-P, OH6RX, HL1ZAU

OH6RX

• View Profile
Little bit more testing around this problem...

When im changing radio modes with Yaesu settings to following modes outcome for connection / no-connection u can see below

0 transparent, OK
1 ICOM CI-V OK
3 ft8x7, ft1000x OK
4 Yaesu, Kenwood, Elecraft OK
5 TS480/TM-d710 OK
11 2/4 wire transparent OK

2  IC706, not ok, 7 IC2500R / IC2725 not ok, 8 TS2000 no ok, 9 IC-e2820 no ok, 10 Yaesu Twin not ok, 12 to 16 also not ok
17  yaesu ftm350... connection LED is blinking on.... 3secs ON, 1 sec OFF
* i dont know how much yaesu settings will influence to these "not ok" results
** e.g. Yaesu power on/off parameter has been "no" mode all the time

i have also tried to change UDP cmd, UDP audio etc ports in following series 500x, 1300x and 1200x/1100x... although this shouldnt be issue on home local LAN.

J-P

OH6RX

• View Profile
Previous mode testing was done with FW2.66...

I noticed that 2.66 FW specification says, that mode10 "  Mode 10 = Yaesu Twin selectable in all hardware versions."

I tried to download FW 2.65 and after this i cannot find mode10 from dropdown list? does this mean that my HW doesnt support Mode10? although i should have latest HW acc. to setup info

Name   Value
Company   Microbit
Product   1258
PID   4
Version   7
HW   8
Software   2.65
Bootloader   1.10
Compiler   4.6.2

J-P

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
from v2.66 mode 10 is available in all RRC:s. before you had to by a special version to be able to use mode 10. It has nothing to do with the hardware.

73 de mike

OH6RX

• View Profile
Ok, Mike good to know that in  FW2.65 and older FW doesnt recognized the HW... meaning this cannot be used as detecting whats wrong.
HW should be latest as i have defined in previous descriptions.

I dont know what to do next.... maybe this is HW problem? Has there been similar cases?

J-P

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
As it works when you use mode 4 you know that that the hardware is OK, only com2 are used. Have you checked the serial cable from the Controlling FT-5k to the RRC com2 ?
Do you have the same firmware version in both FT-5000 ?
Check baudrate (=38400)and RTS (=No) settings in the FT-5ks.
It must be a matter of settings either in the RRC or in the radio.  Auto connect should NOT be activated. Yaesu Power on/off should NOT be activated. I think if you set up the RRCs according to the manual it works. I can't remember anyone having this kind of problem with Yaesu Twin setup.
If you do not get it to work email me the infromation needed to connect to your radio, then I can test from here

73 de mike

OH6RX

• View Profile
Yes,
- COM2 in USE
- Im using Remoterig original Serialcom cables and in Mode4 N1MM CAT works with radios - as defined previously
- radio baudrate and RTS as per you instructions
- F5k FW, this is what i have not checked...
- i have tried several times without auto-connect and Yaesu power on/off NOT-activated
- Mike you have seen my settings in private email! and your feedback was " nothing wrong!"

73 from BY5... i will be in  12th Jan in HL1 again, but next day i will leave to A6 for week, so im not able to work much on this matter coming days

J-P

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Hi

I did not found any errors in the settings then but it's quite difficult to see from the printout. If I could try to connect from here I could also do some debug to find out where the problem is. Let me know when you are back and ready to do some tests.

73 de mike

OH6RX

• View Profile
Dear Mike & Forum,

I found the root cause... bad connector/cable in CAT. =>Lesson learned, always double or triple check everything and try to do it with enough time...

I learnt in this case, that connection LEDs doesnt light ON, before CAT connection / control radio is ON

thanks for good support and ideas.
J-P